Looking for something to make without having to actually make anything? One of the easiest home-made gifts to make is marinated Feta & Olives in a jar. Simply decide what you would like to put in your jar, purchase said items from the supermarket, place it all in a jar covering it with olive oil and you’re done. Adorn the jar with some ribbon and a nice card explaining what the jar contains and it will look like the beautiful and well thought out gift it is meant to be.
What you will need:
Glass jar (sterilised)
Olives (I used kalamata, but you can use any type)
- Fill half of the jar with olive oil.
- Pick the leaves off the stalks of the thyme and rosemary and stir into the oil along with the chilli flakes.
- Cut the feta into small cubes, approximately 2cm x 2cm.
- Gently place feta cubes in the oil (I used a spoon) alternating with the olives to get a nice mix.
- Fill the jar to the top with olive oil.
- This should keep in the fridge for 2 weeks, so if you are giving it away as a gift be sure to put the expiration somewhere on the bottle or the card.
- (I didn’t give any actual quantities as this will depend on the size of your jar).
…be fearless, and have fun!